Friday, March 23, 2012

In a Fairytale State of Mind...

 Walking into another amazing gallery of Udaipur, I am approached by the artist who owns the gallery. He gives me a tour and we share some Chai together.  His paintings represent the scenery of Udaipur and he has portraits of women with various religious meanings.  This man has been painting for the past twenty years and has exhibits all over the world.  He speaks of his love for London and how he would like to soon have an exhibit in New York. 

 He proceeds to show me around the place, which is four levels with the fourth level being his home, an absolute royal palace.  The thing with Udaipur is the royalty is present from the buildings to the homes to the crafts-everything represents royalty.  He shares his passion for traveling and talks about his exhibits around the world.  He has expensive taste and likes the finer things in life.  We seem to have a lot in common and he is intriguing me.  He is interested in painting me and I am also interested in his offer.  I tell him that I would like to do a nude portrait and he looks at me with his eyes widened and says, “I can definitely do that.” We talk about the female body as an art form and I share with him my love for Art, especially sculpture of the body.  He asks me to stay in Udaipur with him an extra few days so he can paint me.  He tells me that he finds me attractive, but he is fine with us being friends as well and wants to respect my wishes.  I find this very sweet and something about this just makes me want to cancel my bus ticket and stay.  I could write and he could paint.  We could go have walks by the palace and watch the sunset.  The romance is in the air in Udaipur and it is getting to me.  I end up leaving because I have a bus to Jaipur.  He asks me to stay again, but respects my decision to leave.  I leave and pass by his gallery one more time.  He calls my name and I tell him, “ I’m sorry I have to go, I have to catch my bus.” I had to keep moving otherwise I would have stayed with him because there was something romantic there that I just wanted to leave behind....

No comments:

Post a Comment