Monday, March 5, 2012

Hampi Day 2

It was time to switch guesthouses as I did not want to be with a bunch of tourists and a drinking/partying atmosphere.   I moved to the place I had eyed yesterday-Om shanti Silence guesthouse.  That is where I wanted to be.  The local from another guesthouse gave me a ride over there.  The family is adorable with two boys, their kids, ama (mother) and agi(grandmother).  I tried on some local clothing with the mother.  The clothing always fascinates me because it is so colorful, elaborate, and heavy to wear.  The little girl keep asking for chocolate and the boy is amazed with the camera saying “Show me Digit.” 
I head to the German bakery to do some writing where I meet some more Nepali staff.   In India, Nepalis do not like to work in the same place for a long time so they alternate locations.  The staff at this restaurant and almost all the guesthouses are from Nepal.  When this season is over, they will go up North and work at another place for 5-6 months and then go somewhere new.  They are always on the move-I admire this way of living. 

I also met a local guy who shares some useful information about a local organization for women.  He offers to take me there tomorrow and introduce me to the staff and be a translator.  He is married with two kids and speaks so highly of his wife and family-another great local. 

I stay all day and work and leave at 5:30 to meet my other local friend who is going to show me around town.  While I am walking to meet him, I run into my friend, Rama, of the Rama guesthouse.  He is an adorable older man who is working some magic turning my whites back into real whites ha! I run back and forth between guest houses looking for my local friend.  I mixed up the names of guesthouses so I was not sure where my local friend was-never a dull moment in Priscilla’s life ha!

I stop looking for him and decide to head up to the top of the mountain for sunset. Rama is shouting at me as I walk up telling me which way to go.  He is so cute.  I find my perfect spot away from tourists right on the mountain cliff again.  I do some climbing to get up there and in the meantime I drop my camera.  I actually had no reaction as I watched it fall down from the rock and into a crack between the two rocks.  Something is always happening with the camera so I just stopped caring if something happens. If I am not meant to have it, God will take it away again-plain and simple.

The sunset is beautiful and I am in my own world with my meditation and trying to calm my body and mind.  I open my eyes to realize it is dark outside.  Acting stupidly and irresponsibly not one days, but two days.  I am left alone on the mountain top in the pitched black and I am struggling to find the way down as I keep reaching dead ends.  I mildly panic as I hear something jump out and I see a light from up above, but do not see a face.  I tell myself to stay calm, which I do, but I also tell myself that if something happens to me it is all my fault for being irresponsible.  

After many wrong turns and lots of random “hellos” to see if anyone could hear me.  I end up making it down and I told myself that I would NOT being do this again for a third night in a row. 

I end up walking to town back to the German bakery as I figure I can do some more writing.  I end up running into my local friend, Mr. Taliwood, and I ask him to take me for some good local food away from tourist central.  We end up at a little hut on the side of the street with some amazing vegetarian dishes. 

Sagar is a movie screen writer for Taliwood, which is a South Indian version of Bollywood.  We walk into the darkness with the sounds of crickets to a random mountain top in the middle of nowhere and lay down to watch the stars. 

My intuition tells me to trust him and I do. We are just two friends discussing our love stories and relationships.  He gives me an interesting perspective and I love when he responds with “Same, Same, but different.” He believes that love is something that can be silent and unspoken.  He also believes there are different kinds of love.  He tells me about his recent movie called, “The Tourist Guide” about a girl who falls in love with a local boy in Hampi.  He talks about his relationships and I laugh when he calls his first girlfriends, “The Big master” because she was a teacher to a naive Indian boy. 

We walk down the road laughing and making fun of each other’s beliefs in love.  Nothing is surrounding us, but rice fields and empty streets.  It is nice moment. 

Arriving at my guesthouse, my family is so happy to see me arrive.  I give Nisha some chocolate as I promised.  Her mother bows and kisses my hand. We sit and drink Chai and speak Kannada.  Oh home stays how I love them, how I love them. Good night!

Jokes:

No money, No honey

No wife No life

No job No wife

No comments:

Post a Comment