Saturday, March 24, 2012

Oh Won't You Stay Just A Little Bit Longer

So many amazing cities-usually smaller cities and villages where I make such great connections with not just my hosts, but the community.  I learn about the NGOs in town, talk with all the business owners, and make comedic entertaintment for free- cost of zero rupees.  By the end of four days, many people know me and many want me to keep them company a bit longer. 
I always say I wish I could make my spirit present in many places around the world, but the reality is that I have to keep moving.  People are always asking me to stay-sometimes begging, they are crying, I am crying, and the goodbyes are always difficult.  I try to be open and honest about my trip itinerary and where I am going and what I am doing next.  Many expect me to cancel my future plans and just stay with them for a few days, a week, a month, an eternity, but Priscilla is on the move. 

One or two extra days does not satisfy my friends and they seem to request more.  In the past, I had problems with goodbyes and closure.  Being younger, I would escape from people and not have appropriate goodbye.
Parting is such sweet sorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment