Friday, March 23, 2012

Bollywood Girl Translates Tourist Lingo

Overtime, I have noticed that I have to "consider the source." Being very different from the average tourist, I realize that their opinion maybe very different from my own.  I find it important to stay in a city for at least 4-5 days to truly explore it while many tourists are focused on tourist trap points and just taking photos.  I am not the average tourist so I have learned to translate what they say.  


It is boring= It is interesting
You can see the city in 2 days= you need at least 4-5
There is only one main attraction= there are many, but they do not bother looking
The food is not good= They did not offer adequate western food to satisfy their needs
It is dirty and crowded= There is a city outside the city

No comments:

Post a Comment