Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Where is Home?

Where is my home? The road/world is my home, but that is not good enough for me.  Today I was questioning the purpose behind me traveling-am I running from responsibility and the real world? Would it be better to be settled then to travel?
I meet like minded people with a passion for traveling, via couchsurfing or just on the road, and it inspires me to keep going, but I also question if this benefits my life goals.  Am I just running from what I should be doing? Isn’t easy to just go around and travel with no schedule vs. building my name, my career, my life.  What am I doing here, why I am I here? Where is this all leading?

The more time you spend idol, the harder it is to get back to work. The psychology of it makes a lot of sense-the more you spend time alone, the more freedom,the less likely you are to go back to routine and schedule. 
In time, I realize that my traveling is a learning experience that I appreciate, but I have to put myself in check every once in a while. With all my ideas and theorizing, my writing needs to be my focusing for publication and starting books. 
          A little less talk and a lot more action...

No comments:

Post a Comment