Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Book Half Read: Conversations with God

When I first started reading this book, I realized that I had read it a long time ago-it is funny when this happens sometimes. One can not realize until they start reading the book. Has this ever happened to you?
There is something about this book that I just do not feel connected to. In every book store, his books(the author Donald Walsch) are usually there, but I do not feel drawn to reading these series of books.  I picked up a used copy so I decided to give it a try.  He says that there are many non-believers and critics of his "conversations with God." While I believe he had real moments of insight and knowledge with God, I remain skeptical of his words and experience.  The book just seems a bit generic, which is what made me just read half and start something new. 
While there are many great books for spirituality, this one does not just make an impact for me. The principles are meaningful yet they are not well developed or provide enough real experiene and explanation.  Every human question is answered in such a strategic way.  Perhaps someone else will benefit from reading this book, I would like to hear your feedback if you read this book(short and a quick read). 

No comments:

Post a Comment