Sunday, January 29, 2012

Putting Yourself in Someone Else's Shoes for a Day

What is great about me is the empathy that I have for others. I sit and stare and people, places, things, historical paintings, and I try and feel what their life must be like.  I look at the street vendors and give them credit for their hard work-making samosas, selling corn, cutting flowers, and delivering the paper. How do they make it? Are they tired standing all day? Are they selling enough to make a living? Is their business slow?

At the end of the day, I just want the best for human beings. No matter if you sell street corn or a government official-we are all human beings. We eat, breathe, sleep, and have the same basic needs.  Everyone should be acknowledged as a value to society-an asset to society. Again, this is a lifelong affair with my love for people and making them feel good whether working with them in an NGO or walking down the street.  We are all human beings and acknowledging people’s skills, work, passions, and purpose in important. Actually, I am going to say that it is essential.

My cousin was just saying yesterday she thought it was funny I was taking pictures with the maids.  They are very sweet girls and they deserve to be acknowledged. Her response was that they get paid well so I should not worry about how they are treated. 

Well I wanted to give them some acknowledgement rather than just make requests from them constantly.  They love the attention and they get so happy when being around me. I have to do my part and give love to others-part of living in my purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment