Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My host in Singapore

I had such real conversations with my CS host in Singapore, Ron. He used to work in the 9-5 until he broke free and started his own business. He works from home and lives in a lovely area near Little India.  We stayed up talking about the Singaporean economy and the American economy. We discussed the genocide in Cambodia and how we think it was worse than the actual holocaust. He shot a documentary at the kiling fields and said it was one of the most disturbing things he has encountered. 
 I also shared  with him my ideas of implementation of a travel program to corporate companies and my passion to work with others. He was just lovely to talk with and I enjoyed sharing some fish head curry with him at his favorite local restaurant.  
Another excellent host that makes me very thankful for couchsurfing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment