Sunday, April 15, 2012

Nepalese New Year on Friday The 13TH


It happened to be that the Nepalese New Year fell on Friday the 13th.  New Years eve- Thursday and New Years day Friday the 13th. Usually I would be happy to be in town for a big holiday, but not this time.  I have absolutely no desire to be around drunk people and loud, obnoxious behavior- I just want peace and quiet.  

I understand that this is a big holiday for them so they want to celebrate, but celebrate with the Nepalese from a distance.  Behind my hut, there was loud singing, breaking bottles, laughing, and loud behavior all night.  The family at my guesthouse were sound asleep not partaking in these activities-rather enjoying a silent celebration. 

No peace and silence for me for 2 nights in a row, but happy that people enjoyed their New Year.  Friday the 13th is a superstition for us Americans, but it seems that everything went well for them.  Happy New Year to Nepal!

No comments:

Post a Comment