Friday, April 13, 2012

Arriving in Sauraha-Chitwan National Park

ARRIVING IN NEPAL WAS A BREEZE AND THE TOURIST BUS GOING TO CHITWAN-MY FIRST DESTINATION WAS QUITE LOUD BUT VERY COMFORTABLE.  OFF THE BUS, IT IS DARK AND EVERYONE IS HOPPING ON THE JEEP TO TAKE THEM TO SAURAHA.  GOING BY JEEP IN THE DARKNESS HAVING NO CLUE WHERE IT IS HEADING, HEARING ANIMALS AND NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE THEM-EXCITING.

ARRIVING IN THE DARKNESS CAN BE A PAIN, BUT IT ALSO CAN BE QUITE INTERESTING BECAUSE YOU ARE LEFT WITH A SURPRISE IN THE MORNING.  WHAT WILL YOUR SURROUNDING LOOK LIKE? WILL YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?

It was complete pitch black when the jeep dropped me off and I was looking for a guesthouse.  A nice man, Druba, assisted me in finding a guesthouse to meet my desired price.  In the area, there are many resorts and jungle camps that are quite expensive.  Visually  I saw many huts and I told him that is exactly where I want to sleep. Huts are comfortable and cost effective for budget travelers. 
Driving down a dirt path, he takes me to a lodge consisting of a few huts and a few hotel rooms.  A young boy shows me to my 100 Nepale Rupee hut.  $1.15 cent a night. I love my huts-it is just what I wanted a peaceful night of sleep in the middle of silence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment