Friday, December 23, 2011

Priscilla Meets Mr. Madrid

Off to Day 2 of my temple exploring, I am walking through the Bayon at Angkor Thom and I ask a guy to take a picture for me.  We get to talking and it turns out he is from Madrid, Spain, Sergio. We just start talking and following each other through the temple and I was just being friendly and getting to know him.  He works for the UN, recently graduated with his MBA, and discusses his recent work in Vietnam.  As I keep talking with him, I begin to gain some interest as he is pretty cute, intelligent, loves wine, and rides a motor bike. 
It turns out he already saw all of the temples as he it was his third day, but he nicely accompanies me to all the temples I want to see. As we are walking through the Terrace of Elephants, he mentions his girlfriend, which came right out of left field.  I was a little surprised by that, but figured the good ones are usually taken.  He says that she is his soul mate and he wants to be with her forever.  It is clear that we are just two friends enjoying each other's company. His tuk tuk driver drives us around from temple to temple and we went to my favorite temple, which is where they filmed the movie Tomb Raider.  The trees and vines are absolutely incredible and I jump up the temple rocks to the top. Going through the temples is like a maze and like a child, I could sit and explore for hours.  We ride through the rice fields and it is so picturesque that I just sit, breathe in, and cherish the moments. 

As the day comes to an end, I want to cetch the sunset at Angkor Wat main temple.  I had to pick up my bike so I quickly jumped off the tuk tuk onto my bike and Sergio and I agree to meet at the main temple.  I am pretty amazed at how fast I ride over there, but the sunset is so important to me.  Unfortunately, it is overcast and there is not much to see and we decide to part ways because he has to head to the airport for Spain and I have dinner plans so we say farewell.  It was such an innocent yet romantic day in a way.  Maybe I will meet someone like him one day as I always joke that I am going to move to Spain and meet the man of my dreams ha!

                          I kept running into this beautiful spirit-so cute

                                       At the huge Tomb raider tree

1 comment: