Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sometimes LIFE changes our Plans

My original plan had been to go to Dahab in Sinai, cross over to Israel, and take a flight from Tel Aviv to Istanbul around June 10. 

But LIFE changed my plans. I decided that I just could not travel anymore-Yes you heard right. I needed a break from everything and I needed routine and to be in a familiar place.  My conflict in Egypt was obviously not helping me make a decision to keep exploring Egypt-it was not the time for Egypt. 

In Cairo, I had applied to summer jobs in Turkey for teaching English and received overwhelming responses.  While I had a job lined up for July, I also had the option to start working June 1. 

During this contemplative stage, I received news that my friend's mother was not doing well.  Acting with my heart, I decided that it was best for me to go to Turkey early to be there for my friend and to start working.

Sometimes our plans change because people change them.  When you care for someone, things are blurred and you just act with your heart.  And I would like to emphasize that life is unpredictable.  We never know when we can take our last breathe and with everyday we should be thankful to be alive. 



No comments:

Post a Comment