Sunday, June 3, 2012

Priscilla Goes Back to the City That Took A Piece of Her Heart .

The Turkish airway flight was the shortest flight ever in my history of flying. We went up in the plane, had dinner, I read the Turkish newspaper, chatted with some Turkish locals, and then we landed. On the plane, I sat next to an adorable Turkish guy who jokes that he says he loves Mission Impossible and jokes that he is the Turkish Tom Cruise.  He is so sweet and kind in his mannerisms-welcome back to Turkey.  He saw me leering over him out the window and he said, "You come here." He got up and pointed to his seat for us to switch.  This is the kind of guy all of us women should be with, but always go for the opposite.

"The guy who gives up his window seat for you." 

Speaking a little bit with him and the other Turkish man who works in textiles, it was a delightful flight.  I also met another guy from LA who is Egyptian and actually lived very close to my old address-what a small world. 

When I looked out the window at Istanbul, it really just sparkled at night. It was gorgeous and I sat staring out the window into the dark sky with the lights shining so bright right into my heart.  My heart was beating faster thinking I was back to this place I love so much and to a friend I had been longing to see for what felt like forever.  Istanbul was the place where I came 1.5 years ago and it was one of the best experiences of my life.  It was a place where I felt on top of the world and felt like the luckiest girl in the world.  Would this same feeling come back to me or would I just be fooling myself into happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment