Thursday, February 2, 2012

Acupuncture Lecture and Meditation

Friday I went with my Big Aunt (Doddaatte), my eldest Aunt, to her country club for a nice presentation on Acupuncture and holistic healing.   After the presentation, we ran into my other Aunt(the mother of my cousin who was married).  We did some shopping in the sari tent and Doddatte looked like a kid in a candy store.  With all the beautiful colors and sarri’s, surrounding me,  felt my shopping bug slowly come back, but I put my shopping desires straight through a reality check.  My Big Aunt loves to buy sari's and add her own designs to them.  She is quite funny when she is trying to make a purchase because she keeps trying to get a lower price than the final price.  When the man finally said, “No more discount,” she just agreed to his price and bought the three of them.  As my Aunt and I were walking away to lunch, Dodatte was still in the tent doing some more browsing.  The veg lunch was amazing and I am loving being a vegetarian. 
To get to the point, the lecturer(Hollistic physician) was not great and the meditation was okay.  It felt a bit rushed and inauthentic, but it was nice.  The best part of her presentation was the handout she passed out.  I want to share these motivational tips with you to help you live your best life. Enjoy!

From Dr.  Shangbag

Health

1.     Drink  plenty of water

2.     Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a beggar

3.     Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and less foods that are manufactured in plants(factories)

4.     Live with the 3 E’s Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy

5.     Make more time for prayer

6.     Play more games

7.     Read more books than you did last year

8.     Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day

9.     7 hours sleep

     10.   Take 10-30 minutes walk everyday and smile while you are doing it

Life

11.                         Do the right things

12.                         Get rid of anything that is not useful, beautiful, or joyful

13.                         God heals everything

14.                         However good or bad a situation is-it will change

15.                         No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up

16.                         The best is yet to come

17.                         When you are awake and alive in the morning, thank God for it

18.                         Your inner most is always happy so be happy

There is more for personality and community, but these two were my favorite parts.  If you feel connected to at least one on these lists then that is a step in the right direction=)

No comments:

Post a Comment